[OT]Re: PPC Firefox/Thunderbird 1.0 builds

Jurvis LaSalle lasalle at bard.edu
Tue Jan 18 12:54:21 MST 2005

On Jan 18, 2005, at 2:28 PM, a monkey wrote:

> "that distro that shall remain nameless"?

The list members and moderators have asked Mr. Dunbar to stop
recommending the Ubuntu distro every time a YDL user asks for help.  He
would frequently recommend switching to Ubuntu for any problem a user
had on YDL that he hadn't had on Ubuntu.  It wore the patience of the
list a little thin as it wasn't a very constructive suggestion.  We all
recognize that ydl 4.0 was a bit buggy upon release.  Ubuntu was
probably more polished and easier for n00bs to use, but his suggestions
were not furthering the raison d'être of this list- to help users use
and improve *YDL*.  I hope that clarifies the nameless distro for you
and we can all go back to improving the distro whose list we've
subscribed to.

Jurvis LaSalle