[OT]Re: PPC Firefox/Thunderbird 1.0 builds

Cian Duffy myob87 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 14:44:53 MST 2005

Having spent the entire evening attempting to install Ubuntu and being
left with a text installer that eventually dumped me to a command line
with no working root user and no XFree86, I can safely say that YDL is
pretty much the only choice on PPC, particularly for non-experienced
users - I've got numerous years using UNIX systems behind me. How and
why Eric assumes that Ubuntu is a better distro I'll never know.

Cian