A cool little bit of code...

Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. joseph_sacco at comcast.net
Wed Jan 19 10:50:19 MST 2005

Hmmm...

Copy & paste + Middle-aged eyesight + attention focused elsewhere

	==> Gaaakkkk!!!

Useful advice for my "younger" associates,

(1) "Don't get old". [:-)]
(2) If you do, move into upper management where seeing the "big picture"
is perceived to be of greater importance than seeing [and understanding]
the minutae.

Be well,

-Joseph

On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 12:14, Derick Centeno wrote:
> Hey Joe:
> Scroll down a bit.
>
> On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 09:52, Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. wrote:
> > Cute...
> >
> > A small correction:
> >
> > Add
> >
> > 	#include <execinfo.h>
> >

> > to the list of include files.
> >

> > -Joseph

> > On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 21:55, Owen Stampflee wrote:
> > > I call it minidebugger... I dont have a proper debugger available during
> > > a real install (and the problem doesnt exist in the test environment),
> > > so I'm bundling this little code in. When the code segfaults, I get a
> > > nice little backtrace :).
> > >
> > > #include <execinfo.h>
> What does the line immediately precedent and above this one mean?
> Doesn't it mean that Owen had it right in the first place!
> Joe?
> Helllll---lo???
>
> > > #include <stdio.h>
> > > #include <stdlib.h>
> > > #include <signal.h>
> > >

> Don't worry, you must have been tired to have missed that.  No
> problem... happens to everyone now and then.  Get some rest later.  For
> now, try some coffee or perhaps a cup of Java??
>
> Hoping you don't mind a bit of "ribbing"...
> Best wishes...

joseph_sacco[at]comcast[dot]net