Mac Mini

Thierry de Coulon tcoulon at decoulon.ch
Thu Jan 20 00:07:38 MST 2005

On Thursday, 20 January 2005 02.16, Andrew Zschetzsche wrote:
> On 1/19/05 1:02 PM, "Thierry de Coulon" <tcoulon at decoulon.ch> wrote:
> > (I want to install it as an "iMovie Machine"
>
> I just want to try to be nice and warn you that digital video footage eats
> hard drive space, so, depending on how much you'll be using it, I'd give OS
> X as much space as possible when you partition it.

Thanks, I know :)

The main problem is that Apple's developers don't understand (or use) OS X
"unix" capabilities, so everything is supposed to happen in one, big
partition - you can't tell iMovie to allways use a specific directory, or
iDVD that it should create it's DVD image on an external hard disk. I never
found a hint how to tell OS X I would like to put the "users" directory on
another partition....

Unfortunately, considering the present state of video making tools on Linux,
iMovie remains my tolls of choice. But with 80GB on the main hard disk and an
external 160GB on a firewire drive, I should find 10GB for YellowDog.

Thierry

--
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not
sure about the former" - Albert Einstein