NetInfo (was Re: Mac Mini)

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Wed Jan 19 23:35:38 MST 2005

Putting home directories in odd places is very easy in OSX: Just use the
NetInfo Manager in your Utilities folder to change the "home" property of
the user in question. Of course, prior to making this change, you need to
COPY the existing home directory to the new location (the canonical way to
do so would be to use "ditto -rsrc"). After you log out and log back in,
you may delete the old home directory. Other people have done this on OSX,
and I have done it on YDL. I have also used this same method under OSX to
change my login shell from tcsh to bash, and to set up NFS service.