Hidden files in Mac OS X (was: Mac Mini)

Thierry de Coulon tcoulon at decoulon.ch
Fri Jan 21 12:55:22 MST 2005

On Friday, 21 January 2005 14.29, Clinton MacDonald wrote:

> This is my personal opinion, but why burden yourself with Unix/Linux
> conventions in Mac OS X?

Hmm.. because we're Linux freaks :)
Because we like to do it "our way" and just hate to be told what's good for
us...

Actually, I started using OS X (allways hated MacOS "classic" except for the
interface - and still do) because I thought "ah! Mac OS is turning *nix", but
I have been reducing my use of it to special tasks (such as Video editing)
because I found out Apple was "turning *nix Mac"!

I like the command line, but to use it to open a directory when a gui is
available...    However I seem to learn more OS X tricks on this list than on
the MacOS X forums: this week end I'll put my users directories on a separate
partition and un-hide my favorite directories. Just have to find a way to
blow Aqua and I might end loving OS X :)

Thierry

--
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not
sure about the former" - Albert Einstein