Hidden files in Mac OS X

Clinton MacDonald clint.macdonald at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 21 12:24:17 MST 2005

Eric Dunbar wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 07:04:47 -0800, Daniel Gimpelevich wrote:
>> There is a preference setting to show ALL files and folders
>> in ALL windows, including things like .bashrc, but it
>> uglifies things so badly and is such a PITA that, believe me,
>> I'm doing you a favor by not telling you how to enable it.
>
> So how does one do this? (delete the .hidden file?)

*Don't* delete the .hidden file! Instead, look at "TinkerTool":

<http://www.bresink.de/osx/TinkerTool.html>

TinkerTool allows you to "unhide" hidden files and much, much more.

Also, a great resource for all sorts of Macintosh utilities is
VersionTracker:

<http://www.versiontracker.com/>

Good luck!

Best wishes,