ibook sound setting

Alexander Kleymenov ydl at bk.ru
Fri Jan 28 10:58:26 MST 2005

В Птн, 28.01.2005, в 12:31, Carl Ljungmark пишет:
> Hi list!
> This subject has surely come up before, did my best to find it.
> Which is the proper sound setting on the ibook? sound doesn't work, and
> 'soundcard detection' seems to think that it's a powermac (it says model:
> PowerMac Sound, Module: snd_powermac). Loaded modules related to sound
> are: snd, dmasound_pmac, dmasound_core, soundcore.
> If anyone could point me in the right direcation I'd be grateful.
> /carl
Hi, Carl! What system at you (YDL-4?)? I advise to descend on kernel.org
and to load 2.6.10 (for in it there are many corrections, concerning a
sound subsystem mac ` s (and yours), then to load alsa-1.0.8 (lib,
utils) - to establish alsa (preliminary having removed old) to collect a
nucleus and to establish. Config to your kernel, patches and
instructions I shall send, if you agree (anything terrible in it are not
present).
Business checked up - I already solved this problem for the comrade and
for myself (but at me other song, as-G5)

I apologize for the English, - now I am engaged in his studying to be
able not read manuals; but I in perfection know Russian :)
Success!
Alexander