ibook 600 mhz sound only on root account

Javier Montoya filtertrap at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 28 11:03:54 MST 2005

Running yum updates worked to fix my sound on my ibook 600, but only for my root account. I went into the control center and made the audio setting the same via gui and I still get the error SND error. I was also wondering how I could make realplayer and flash installs on my root account to be global on the box and not just for the root user. It makes no sense to have to install the same stuff over and over again on each user account right!