Building a 2.6 kernel

Brian McKee besomethingelse at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 31 15:30:44 MST 2005

I am just starting to use a USB 802.11b key with my Lombard.
It's a generic branded prism 3  (the DLink drivers work in OSX
if you diddle the manufacturer id and device number.)
I want to use it in YDL 3.01
Anybody who's done this I'd appreciate your
input.

I have looked at the HOW TO on the Terrasoft site
and to quote roughly

'Had to update the kernel - built Owen's new 2.6.8 from source'

I'm willing to do that - but have a couple of questions -
a - can I just use the YDL 4 kernel?
b - if not where should I get it (or an even newer one) from?
c - Can I just boot a 2.6 kernel in 3.01? or am I going to run
     into trouble with existing stuff expecting 2.4
d - can I build a newer 2.4 kernel instead? seems like less disruption

Comments appreciated
Brian

PS  No, I don't want to update to YDL 4 at this time.

--
"I don't understand," said the scientist, "why you lemmings all rush
down