Missing commands/functions

Jeffrey Paul Burger jeff at sedona.net
Fri Jul 8 12:09:07 MDT 2005

I'm running Yellow Dog 4.0 on a dual 2.5 G5. I can't find any command such
as tmpfs (missing) to create a virtual disk, and can't figure out how to get
any kind of networking running for file sharing (missing ifconfig for
starters). I'm assuming that I need to add a package or something, but I
don't know enough to know what or how. Or are there other workarounds for
these needs? If I need to reinstall, any tips would be appreciated since
I've done an install only once a long time ago and am a bit intimidated
about any problems or ripple effect! Assistance greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Jeffrey Paul Burger

"There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as if everything is."
                                    --Albert Einstein