hacker-tools for PPC's

Joseph E. Sacco, PhD joseph_sacco at comcast.net
Thu Jul 7 08:26:22 MDT 2005

I stumbled across a recent port of valgrind-2.4 that "works" for PPC's

        http://valgrind.org/downloads/variants.html?pmk

I ran some, but not all,  of the tests and they appear to work.

Next on my list of hacker tools for PPC's is a working version of
memprof-0.5.1

        http://www.gnome.org/projects/memprof/

I have done an initial hack modifying three troublesome source files:
* bfdutils.c
* memintercept-utils.c
* stack-frame.c

to get memprof to build.

The patches for the first two routines arise from coding changes in
libbfd since 2002.

The patch for stack-frame.c is a blatant hack to work around some i386
specific code. Constructing the "correct" patch should be a simple task
for someone who is actually fluent in PPC assembler. I am not...

Some other hacker-tools that build on a PPC
* alleyoop-0.8.3
* at-poke-0.2.2
* devhelp-0.10
* ghex-2.8.1