MOL and "sheep" module

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 05:22:34 MDT 2005

On 7/17/05, Brian Wood <beww at bresnan.net> wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> I'm trying to get MOL to work on YDL 4.0.1 and am not getting too far.
> The most obvious problem is that the "sheep" module is not getting
> loaded, apparently because it does not exist.

It seems to me that I only ever had MOL working when I cheated with
the kernels (in YDL 3 the MOL was compiled for the SMP kernel).

> System: Rev. "A" iMac (Bondi Blue), 256 Mb. RAM. YDL 4.0.1 updated via yum.

> Mol has been around for quite a while, as has YDL, and it seems to me
> that there ought to be an "RPM" package that would give me at least
> minimal functionality.

MOL has a nasty tendency of breaking whenever there's an update to the
kernel. Do you have the appropriate kernel headers (corresponding to
your kernel version (uname -a)) installed? On
that-distro-that-shall-not-be-named (when I was running its "beta"
5.04 version) I had to recompile MOL every time there was a kernel
upgrade (I guess no team took on the responsibility of updating MOL
everytime the kernel changed... too much work to keep up-to-date and
too much other stuff for them to get done ;-).

Eric.