MOL and "sheep" module

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 05:26:53 MDT 2005

> Other than the "unable to connect to X server and "failed to register
> sound card" startmol --test shows "successful", so the basic engine
> seems to be working.
> Looks like atyfb is setting up video parameters and then all of a sudden
> it just dumps debug register values. Must be a problem of some sort with
> video.  This may be related to the fact that the "rev A" iMac has only
> 2Mb. of video RAM. MacOS runs just fine by itself though.
>
> I'll keep plugging away, again much thanks for the assistance, it is
> appreciated.

Hmm. you could be right that it's related to the 2 MB of VRAM. My
Beige G3/266 always dumps the debugging info whenever I switch to a
console (with a recent kernel upgrade which enabled the debugging
flag). PS you may have some success if you downgrade to an older
kernel (check your /boot directory and man ybin for help).

Eric.