Any fresh reports comparing FC4.ppc with YDL4?? -- update

Beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Mon Jul 25 18:25:43 MDT 2005

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 17:15:30 -0400, I Beartooth  wrote:
[....]
> Absent horror stories to the contrary, I hope to do the iBook install
> (replacing YDL4) before the evening is out.
>
> Any last minute caveats??

Sorry to follow up my own post, but a warning may help someone. I tried it
-- without going through all the checks of downloads, burns, etc. -- and
fouled something up royally -- twice.

Out of two whole sets of CDs (plus a couple extras), downloaded and burned
on different machines, only one did any good; more when I've managed to
figure out what went wrong ....