Just purchased a brand new Mac Mini today

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Fri Jul 29 21:01:34 MDT 2005

Of course!   ...At least, I think so.

However, as you chose a Mini you need to be sure of a few things first.
  Do you have a backup program to restore the Mac OS X and all your
documents such as you have already placed there? A nice backup program
(by nice, I mean an intelligent program which can keep track of records
even you may not know exist) is Retrospect by Dantz.
It's been around awhile and has a following of users.

So why do you need to back up everything on the Mac Mini first?

Because you are going to have to erase your entire drive (every GB of
it), then partition it so that one part is for the Mac OS X and the
other is reserved for YDL.  This would have to be done for ANY Linux by
the way, not just YDL (so don't get put off or misdirected).  You will
use the same OS X system disk to partition (and therefore destroy
whatever is on the Mini'sHD) and then create two partitions.

Now if at this point you feel lost or very uneasy or otherwise baffled
with anxiety there is one way out of this.  Return the Mac Mini to
whomever you got it from.  Get your money back etc.  After all that,
put in a call to Terra Soft Solutions and buy a Mac Mini from them.

http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/products/apple/

They will do all the technical stuff I described here for you on the
Mac of your choice AND install YDL for you so that by the time you get
it from them it all "just works"!  Buying a Mac from them with YDL will
not void the Apple warranty.

There is another solution of course, depending on how much you can
shell out you could buy from Terra Soft (the same people who created
YDL) a very interesting version of YDL which (I wonder if you'll
believe me) runs YDL from an iPod!  Choose that route and choose the
iPod you want from them with YDL on it and when you get it just boot
from the iPod to run YDL.  This is really an interesting solution, if
you can afford it.

Whatever you decide remember to buy from their online store.

Best wishes....