Just purchased a brand new Mac Mini today

Beartooth SenectoFlatuloid beartooth at adelphia.net
Sat Jul 30 12:55:45 MDT 2005

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 23:01:34 -0400, Derick Centeno wrote:

[....]
> Because you are going to have to erase your entire drive (every GB of
> it), then partition it so that one part is for the Mac OS X and the
> other is reserved for YDL.  This would have to be done for ANY Linux by
> the way, not just YDL (so don't get put off or misdirected).  You will
> use the same OS X system disk to partition (and therefore destroy
> whatever is on the Mini'sHD) and then create two partitions.

Sorry, but that's not quite right, unless you mean only on the macmini; I
hosed OSX -- not only on purpose but with great glee -- when I installed
YDL 3.0 to replace both YDL 2.3 and OSX  on a G3 iBook; it ran fine till
4.0 came out; then I replaced it with 4.0, and it still runs fine. (That's
using Terrasoft CDs, both times.)

Otoh, nothing I can find to do seems to succeed at replacing YDL 4.0 with
Fedora Core 4 ppc; so maybe the Fedora folks are making your same
assumption ....

--
Beartooth Oldfart, Double Retiree, Neo-Redneck, Linux Convert
Remember, I have precious little idea what I am talking about.