Questions from a new user

Cian Duffy myob87 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 10:51:00 MDT 2005

> 1) How do I change/edit the boot menu to change the default OS on boot
> to OSX? Currently it defaults to YDL after a few seconds.

Edit /boot/yaboot/yaboot.conf (I think its there) to set the default,
then run /sbin/yaboot as a root privilidged user

> 2) How do I play MP3s?

Recompile xmms or Rhythmbox - Terrasoft don't distribute MP3 decoders
because they're in the US...

> 3) How do I configure audio on the Pismo? Currently I do hear system
> sounds, but there is a loud 'PSSSST' sound before the default tone sound.
>
> 4) How do I emulate the right-click whilst using the Apple single mouse
> button?
>
> 5) What do you recommend for syncing with a Palm and also for a Palm
> Desktop-like application?

KPilot is what I used to use an age ago with a serial Palm IIIXE on
Linux/Intel...

Cian