Apache 2, SSL and Virtual Hosts

xlargebear at bellsouth.net xlargebear at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 13 16:55:54 MDT 2005

Hi Randy
Thanks for your reply.
I have set up VirtualHosts using the different ports method (443,
444, and 445). However, I'd like to use the standard port 443 for all
of them. Therefore, I think that creating aliases on my network
interface would be the way to go for me. I have one question though.
Let's say the IP of the webserver is 10.0.0.10 and I make two
aliases: 10.0.0.11 and 10.0.0.12. On my router I'd forward port 443
to IP 10.0.0.10. How will the other two aliases get the traffic
directed to its virtualhosts if port 443 only points to the first
virtualhost?
EJ