Video card debugging info (Mach64, Beige G3)- how to turn it off (Beige G3, YDL 4.0.1 and kernel 2.6.10-1)

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 11:52:40 MDT 2005

Hello all, I recently (today) got around to updating my Beige G3's
kernel to 2.6.10-1, and, to adding the line: alias eth0 bmac to:
/etc/modprobe.conf to ensure that networking works.

Anyway, now I get "debugging" info dumped onto my terminals whenever I
switch to them from vt7. If I switch between vt1 and vt2 (for e.g.) I
don't get this debugging info dumped to the vt, but if I switch back
to vt7 and then back to one of the text vts I do get it dumped (to the
text vt).

Does anyone know how to turn this behaviour off?

Thanks, Eric.

PS This is what the dump looks like (F=hexadecimal value):

debug atyfb: Mach64 non-shadow register values:
debug 0x2000 FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
etc.

debug atyfb: Mach64 PLL register values:
debug 0x00 FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF
etc.