deleting a "yum update" option

Andrew virgule88 at videotron.ca
Tue Mar 1 12:55:34 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 14:40, Kristo SovereignX wrote:
> Is there a way to delete just one of the options when preforming a "YUM
> update" ?  I have an ibook G4 not G5. Or must I update individually. . .
> yuck?
>
> Unable to do so.  I get an error message: "Errors reported doing trial
> run package kernel-g5-2.6.10-1.ydl.1 is intended for a ppc64
> architecture"

Yes, you can configure yum to ignore package(s) with the 'exclude='
option in /etc/yum.conf:

[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
exclude=package1 package2 package3...

Basicly, you just have to input the package's name. In your case, the
line should be "exclude=kernel-g5"