rmdir error message?

Andrew virgule88 at videotron.ca
Tue Mar 1 16:52:58 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 17:28, Kevin McMahon wrote:
> ydl 4.0 and I am using the terminal to remove directories and tarballs,
> I can remove them, the tarballs with the rm command, the gz and bz2, and
> the directories with the rmdir command but an error that says 'directory
> not empty appears, is this a simple add a flag or what is the issue???

This may not be the best way of things but this always worked for me.
rmdir a non-empty directory never worked for me either (?!?!)
So I just use "rm -rdf". No problems ever so far.

'man rmdir' and 'info coreutils rmdir' revealed:
"--ignore-fail-on-non-empty" option.
 Thats a long command to type does it? rm -rdf does the job just right
:)