change monitor refresh rate to get rid of black border?

steve s s_sandrussi at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 1 18:31:22 MST 2005

Hey

I have been trying to rid myself of the black border around my monitor and
have had no luck. I have an apple studio display and a rage 128 pro graphics
card. The image is fine but the border isnt. I have tried Xautoconfig and
that hasnt helped and I have had to revert back to my old XF86Config file
each try. I looked on the ydl bulletin board and found a post from someone
with the same problem. I looked harder and think i found the solution but
dont know how to change and argument in bootX (where is it?). The person on
the post wrote that they edited the kernel arguments line in bootX.

http://www.yellowdog-board.com/viewtopic.php?t=525&highlight=apple+studio+display+monitor+refresh+rate

I am pretty sure that the refresh rate needs to b changed.

Any help?