YDL FAQ for Old world Macs

David Wadson wadson at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 2 20:40:53 MST 2005

I haven't bothered trying to get YDL4 to install since back in
December...too busy with other stuff  and YDL 4 didn't seem too keen on
installing over the network. Old and flakey CD-ROM drives really make
installing from CD's a real pain in the butt. I already had an NFS
server with all the YDL 3 files along with a modified comps.xml file
that stripped out lots of the extra stuff I didn't need in order to get
a really slim base install - the machines that I was installing on were
pretty strapped for RAM and hard disk space. Perhaps I'll find some
time in the near future to try to tackle YDL 4 again...

Dave