Webmin Issue

Dene Stringfellow spacemonkey at ridgedale.co.uk
Thu Mar 3 05:46:44 MST 2005

I was wondering if anyone might be able to point out to me where I'm
going wrong.

I already have one Apple B/W G3 400MHz 256Mb RAM running YDL 3.0.1
successfully using webmin for all administration - it works a treat!

I have another Apple B/W G3 400MHz 256Mb RAM on which I have apparently
successfully installed:
On the first occasion: YDL 4.0 along with webmin-1.180.tar.gz,
openssl-0.9.7e.tar.gz and Net_SSLeay-1.23.tar.gz.
And on the second occasion: YDL 4.0 along with webmin-1.180-1.noarch.rpm
on its own.

On both occasions I have been successfully able to ping this machine.
However, whenever I try to connect to webmin from another machine using
a web browser I cannot get a connection using either of the following:

http://<ip address of YDL 4.0 server>:10000
https://<ip address of YDL 4.0 server>:10000

The browser just hangs there trying to get a connection.
I did a search of the archives and found something about adding the
following line to the /etc/hosts.allow file:

sshd  :  ALL at ALL  :  ALLOW

which I added and rebooted. This didn't appear to make any difference.

FYI the YDL 4.0 server has 2x 10Gb IDE drives partitioned as follows:

hda                            hdb
--------------------------     --------------------------
Appleshare   - 1Mb
/root        - 256Mb           swap         - 256Mb
/boot        - 256Mb           /home        - 9.5Gb
swap         - 256Mb
/usr         - 5.9Gb
/tmp         - 1Gb
/var         - 2Gb

Does anyone have ideas where I'm going wrong?
Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Regards