Adding Users Issue

Jerry S. jer_57 at cox.net
Thu Mar 3 06:13:53 MST 2005

Hello Yellow,

  I have seen similar problems like this on other distributions.  If
  you pass "some" of the params for adduser, it is best to pass almost
  all.  In your case it is the combination of -p and -n, the -p does
  not appear to be working even by itself.
  ie "adduser -p <password> <username>"
  but if you:
  "adduser -n <username>"
  you will notice that the account does get created but is disabled
  (default action).
  then do a "passwd <username>" and change the user's password, the
  account works as expected.

  doing "man adduser"
  I see that -p appears to want the "encrypted" password!
 -p passwd
              The encrypted password, as returned by crypt(3).   The  default
              is to disable the account.

  Hope that helps a bit!
  jer

--
Windows has detected that your mouse has moved, please wait while
Windows reboots for your changes to take effect.