Snes9x, Sound and Playing CDs

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Sun Mar 6 17:26:31 MST 2005

You didn't say which model you have. On some models, there is no way to
get built-in sound working properly. If you do get some kind of sound,
follow these steps to get sound working under YDL4:
1) Do a "yum update" as root to update EVERYTHING, not just the kernel. In
particular, you should update kudzu and everything KDE.
2) Make sure /etc/yaboot.conf points to the new (2.6.10) kernel and
initrd.
3) Regardless of step 2, issue a "ybin -v" coomand as root.
4) Regardless of steps 2 and 3, reboot.
5) Make sure your /etc/modprobe.conf file is correct. If it contains any
references to "dmasound_pmac" in it, it is not correct. You must in that
case manually edit the file so that the lines below the
eth0/sungem/airport/ohci/ieee1394 stuff (if any) match the following:
http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-general/2004-December/017228.html
6) In the KDE Control Center, tell the sound server to use OSS instead of
ALSA. Do not use Autodetect.
7) Reboot again.