Okay Ill Admit it ... I'm still learning ...!

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Sun Mar 6 19:09:10 MST 2005

Thank you for writing a brilliant general-purpose message that itself
belongs in the FAQ. Only problem is that while it seems to be aimed at
people unfamiliar with RPM dependency hell, it expects that same audience
to be able to extrapolate YDL4 info from a YDL3 FAQ page. My message was
not general-purpose, but gave a specific command line to use in the
specific situation that arose, where dependencies would be completely a
non-issue because all the possible dependencies were already downloaded
into the same directory and would be picked up by the rpm command
together. Such is the limitation of getting help on a mailing list: The
general-purpose stuff that everybody should see nobody sees, and the
specific-situation stuff is open to Google for other people to mis-apply.