Powerbook trackpad, broken???

Bruce Smith blubdog at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 13:07:54 MST 2005

I'm looking to buy a new laptop and would like to get a powerbook.
(upgrading from an Intel based laptop)  It's required that I run Linux.

I understand some things are not fully supported (modem, wireless, etc.),
which I can live with, but this statement from the web page concerns me:

http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/hardware/breakdown/index.php?hw_cat_id=4
"Under v4.0.1, the trackpad, brightness controls, and sleep are broken."

What is meant by "trackpad" is broken???  The whole trackpad doesn't work,
or just the trackpad scrolling features, or what's it talking about?

Thanks, Bruce.