Anyone ever had issues sending machine in for repair with YDL on it?

Cian Duffy myob87 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 14:56:45 MST 2005

My iBook has started having problems when being moved - goes into
sleep mode, in OSX at least. Could easily be a hard disc issue, or a
PMU issue, or something weird in the way the OS intreprets the PMU
data. No idea.

But its going in for service anyway. However, has anyone ever had an
issue with a machine having YDL on it - have Apple ever tried to blame
the hardware fault on the different OS? Sony tried this on me with
BeOS once, oddly enough when they were selling BeOS powered
machines...

I'll probably overwrite yaboot whilst its in for service anyway, and
wll back up data from the Linux partition as well as the OSX one, but
I'd like to get it back fixed and not with a "users own fault" type
sticker on it...

Cian