IDN spoofing vulnerability in Gecko browsers

Longman, Bill longman at sharplabs.com
Tue Mar 8 10:25:30 MST 2005

> If you're using Linux, you'd have heard about this bug by now. It made
> the PRINT MEDIA over here, for instance - and I don't mean Linux
> Format or PCW - the Sunday Tribune mentioned it
>
> Mailing people with any kind of virus or security issue is
> scaremongering, always has been, always will be, Bugtraq style mailing
> lists nonwithstanding.

I use Linux every day. I watch the security alerts. I heard about this this
week. If it's news to me, I suspect the same with others. And "fixed in CVS"
<> "fixed on my desk".

One man's scaremongering is another man's diligence. It depends solely upon
the recipient's knowledge. If you'd already heard it before, you'll think
the former. If it's new information, you'll think the latter.