Linus uses a Macintosh...

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Thu Mar 10 10:25:06 MST 2005

> From: Clinton MacDonald <clint.macdonald at sbcglobal.net>
> Date: 2005/03/09 Wed PM 09:30:14 EST
> To: Yellow Dog Linux General Discussion List
>  <yellowdog-general at lists.terrasoftsolutions.com>,
> 	Yellow Dog Linux Newbie List <yellowdog-newbie at lists.terrasoftsolutions.com>
> Subject: Linus uses a Macintosh...
>
> ...running Linux, of course:
>
> Friends:

<http://news.com.com/Torvalds+switches+to+a+Mac/2100-1003_3-5606030.html?part=r
ss&tag=5604443&subj=news>

> "Torvald's response came quickly and succinctly. 'My main machine these
> days is a dual 2GHz G5 (aka PowerPC 970)--it's physically a regular
> Apple Mac, although it obviously only runs Linux, so I don't think you
> can call it a Mac any more ;)' he wrote."
>
> The article doesn't say, but how much do you want to bet he is using
> Yellow Dog Linux? ;-)
>
> Best wishes,
> Clint

I bet Linus is using YDL after all, TerraSoft's Linux is the ONLY Linux which
doesn't void the Apple warranty!  So even if he got it "free", as he reports he
did...the warranty is Apple's.  I also can't imagine him getting an old and
free Mac; so it must be the top line Mac and new and free.  Good argument for
YDL again!!

Welcome to the ranks of the Jedi, Linus!
Ah...another soul saved from the Dark Side!
The Force of Light, Freedom and Democracy are indeed on the March!