Newbie questions ... (yikes! :)

Bruce Smith blubdog at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 12:12:11 MST 2005

> Unless Apple has changed things in recent models, the built-in modem is a
> Conexant USB HCF-type controllerless software modem. Getting that to work
> under Linux is pretty much the same as getting similar hardware to work on
> x86 Linux.  ...

According to Mac OS X, this is the modem in my powerbook:

   Driver:      MotorolaSM56K.kext (v1.2.0)
   Hardware Version:    Version 1.0
   Interface Type:      I2S
   Country:     B5 (United States, Latin America)
   Modem Model: Jump
   Modulation:  V.92

Do you know if that's a Conexant HCF modem, or something else?
Is linuxant.com the only place to get HCF drivers?

Thanks, Bruce.