Newbie questions ... (yikes! :)

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Thu Mar 17 19:24:50 MST 2005

Oh well, I guess Apple has changed things in recent models. As is probably
fairly obvious to you now, you don't have a Conexant chipset at all. I
guess Apple must have taken over Motorola's defunct SM56 line of software
modems. There is a binary-only x86 driver at http://www.sm56.tk but that's
about it. At least if you had Conexant, you could make it work for $$$.