Mounting my OSX partition in YDL 4.0

Carl Youngblood carlwork at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 12:39:35 MST 2005

I have just recently installed YDL4 on a PowerMac G5.  I was able to
mount /dev/sda2 just fine, which happens to be the /boot partition and
has yaboot.conf on it.  It also happens to be an HFS partition.
yaboot.conf says that /dev/sda3 is where my macosx partition resides,
and I also know that it is using HFS filesystem.  However, when I try
to mount it, I get:

[root at localhost mnt]# mount /dev/sda3 /mnt/macos -thfs
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda3,
       or too many mounted file systems

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Carl Youngblood