Netatalk

Brogan Ross broganross at mac.com
Sat Mar 26 17:48:00 MST 2005

Hey everyone,
    I'm trying to get netatalk set up and running on my eMac which I
injected with a little YDL 4.  So far I've spent a butt load of time
trying to figure out to install it properly (cuz I'm pretty new to
Linux).  Now I've gotten to the point of the Linux machine showing up in
the Network browser on my Powerbook (OSX.3.8), but when I tell it to
connect I get an error that says:  This file server is running on your
machine.  Please access the volumes and files locally.

I'm guessing this has something to do with the .AppleVolumes.default
file, but I'm sure what I should do.

The only other possibility I can think of is that netatalk is set up to
connect to the Powerbook in the opposite direction.  If this is so, how
would I go about doing that.  Like I said I'm pretty new to Linux.
Could I just connect through Konqueror, or what??

Any help is greatly appreciated.