CPU Freq for 1.66 Ghz PowerBooks

Andrew Zschetzsche zsche004 at morris.umn.edu
Mon Mar 28 13:03:10 MST 2005

Hi,

What are the results of these commands?

sudo more /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_cur_freq

sudo more /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

It's possible that cpufreq has the processor kept at a reduced
frequency, which would be half of your 1.66 ghz.  If so, the fix becomes
much easier.

--Andy Zschetzsche

Jonathan Hartje wrote:
> All,
>    I have one of the new 1.66 GHz PowerBooks with YDL 4.0.1 installed.
> It seems as though cpufreq isn't happy with the new chip speed. Does
> anyone know how/where to insert new information to get the clock speed
> up to normal. I figure a newer kernel release is probably upcoming from
> TSS, so I can wait if need be. Just wondering.
>
> Thanks.
> Jon

Andrew Zschetzsche
University of Minnesota, Morris
zsche004 at morris.umn.edu
aim: zsche004
msn: zsche004 at mrs.umn.edu

America's Best Public Liberal Arts College.

--The best answer to a problem with multiple solutions is often the
simplest one.

"One of the best things you can do to improve your life is to quit"
   -- Actual pull quote from the University Register