CPU Freq for 1.66 Ghz PowerBooks

Jonathan Hartje hartje at arlut.utexas.edu
Mon Mar 28 13:47:16 MST 2005

Andy,
    Thanks for replying. Unfortunately, /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0 is
an empty dir! Also, /proc/cpufreq is empty. I see in /proc/cpuinfo that
the chip is detected as a 1.66 GHz chip, but the bogomips stays around
850 or so. My benchmarks with my company's internal software reveals
that the machines are running about half their normal speed. Any
suggestions are greatly appreciated. I'd poke though the source code
myself if I thought I knew what I was doing..

Thanks,
Jon