CPU Freq for 1.66 Ghz PowerBooks

Bill Fink billfink at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 28 22:52:29 MST 2005

Hi Jonathan,

On Thu Mar 24 2005, Jonathan Hartje wrote:

>     I have one of the new 1.66 GHz PowerBooks with YDL 4.0.1 installed.
> It seems as though cpufreq isn't happy with the new chip speed. Does
> anyone know how/where to insert new information to get the clock speed
> up to normal. I figure a newer kernel release is probably upcoming from
> TSS, so I can wait if need be. Just wondering.

You will need a new kernel.  Consult the thread on linuxppc-dev at:

	http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2005-March/018580.html

It includes a kernel patch you could try out (requires a 2.6.11 kernel).

There is also another thread dealing with sleeping and cpufreq issues at:

	http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc-dev/2005-March/018655.html

Or you could just wait as you suggested for TSS to release a new kernel.

						-Bill

linuxppc-dev message from Benjamin Herrenschmidt: