Request for Testers for YellowDog extras

Richard June rjune at bravegnuworld.com
Mon Mar 28 22:52:30 MST 2005

On Tuesday 29 March 2005 00:43, Andrew Zschetzsche wrote:
> I have a few questions regarding the extras testing branch.
>
> 1.  What is "testing"?  Is it that the program installs with out a hickup?
Testing is my branch of YDL extras. Bare minimum they build. Although I
usually do try to verify that they at least start. Many of the packages are
ports of fedora-extras packages.
> 2.  Can regulars to the list submit binary rpm's?  And where?
No.
> 2a.  I don't quite have a stock machine anymore.  If we want to submit
> something, should we submit a source rpm, or the binary?  Are the
> submitted/suggested packages compiled on a known stock machine?
that's ok, if you can mail me a *LINK* to the srpm, I'll rebuld it and try to
basic sanity check it, then drop it into ydl extras testing and announce it
to the ydl-extras list. *if* enough people say, "yeah it works" without any
bugs, we'll move it into testing.

--
Public Key available Here:
http://www.bravegnuworld.com/~rjune/pubkey.asc