Enigmail and Thunderbird

Andrew Zschetzsche zsche004 at morris.umn.edu
Wed Mar 30 12:45:27 MST 2005

I'm sorry Derick, but your reply did nothing but add frustration to the
problem.

I'm well aware about the archecture and platorm requirement and/or
restriction.  Do you think I built Thunderbird 1.0 from source (and that
was before it showed up in YDL-Extras testing) for fun?  If I was on
x86, certainly I would have used the installer or an RPM.

An I also understand that there are mozilla/firefox/thunderbird
extensions for different platforms.  I downloaded the _Linux_ Enigmail
extension.  Obviously it worked somewhat, as I get the menu in the menu
bar(s) and the icon(s) in the buttons bar.

My question is this:  Do you have to rebuild the Enigmail extension for
the PPC, or can you download and install it?  Everything working but the
Enigmail service does make sense in a way, because of the cross-platform
GUI mozilla uses.