Enigmail and Thunderbird

Derick Centeno aguilarojo at verizon.net
Thu Mar 31 09:54:47 MST 2005

Frustration goes with the territory Mr. Zschetzsche.  There are
different views, languages, interpretations etc., etc.  One, myself
included, can only be as helpful in relationship to whatever you or
anyone else presents in writing.
IF you carefully review what you initially wrote to this list you will
notice your errors which I merely pointed out and corrected.

It may have been your intention to discuss and present something
related but different in context, but searching for that meaning became
useless as a result of the errors mentioned leading me to a reasonable
assumption, again evidenced by your errors, that your difficulty could
have been fundamental.  So I chose a very fundamental explanation, as
one can hardly get more fundamental than where the author's website is
actually located and a correct referral to what he is explaining
regarding his work.  AND Sir, you got both wrong.

Again refer to what you originally submitted to the list.

Now a different issue is what one is interpreting from what is written.
  That is a rather complex matter of experience, philosophy, etc., the
art of interpretation is further complicated by the fact that one with
the best of intentions cannot walk in to one's room and explain to
another in a respectful and friendly manner what the difficulties are,
what are the best strategies to execute, and so on.
Instead most parties are restricted to the written word and therefore
when the written word conveys conflict and confusion well the reader
can only guess and provide his own meaning to whatever was intended.
Surely that is understandable.

My way of thinking is pretty closely related to logical processing,
language syntax (in human and computer languages), user interface
design and other details of computer science and mathematics which
...well, don't interest many people.  In short, like some of my
colleagues and some of the computers I have worked with -- when there
are errors, I rarely bother with trying to figure out anything else
because the context and intention are not clear, and until it is clear
little else matters.

To me compiling source is always interesting and fun because of what is
revealed about the compiler's logic sequence and invocation procedures.
  I know this is not for everyone, but I'm not interested in converting
anyone to my views.

I am however interested in helping those in need, and the nature of how
you wrote indicated the apparent need of assistance in very fundamental
skills.

Puzzling, isn't it?