Minor problem : Pine colors

beartooth beartooth at adelphia.net
Wed May 4 14:57:54 MDT 2005

On Wed, 04 May 2005 11:15:20 -0700, Daniel Gimpelevich wrote:

> On Wed, 04 May 2005 12:43:38 -0400, beartooth wrote:
>
>> I'd try just replacing the .pinerc with one from Fedora -- YDL4 is
>> essentially FC2 ported to Apple hardware -- but the confounded iBook has
>> no floppy drive!
>
> Why not just transfer the file over Ethernet?

Attach it to an email and mail it to myself, you mean? I don't have a homw
LAN -- I'm not savvy enough to set one up.

>> I don't fancy myself at burning CDs under any linux. If I manage to get a
>> usable one with the .pinerc on it, is the iBook going to be able to read
>> it? I notice that Fedora when formatting a floppy gives a choice of
>> several file systems; is there something like that for CDs?
>
> You don't "format" a CD. Under Linux, you usually use mkisofs to create a
> CD image, and it has loads of different commandline options you can use.

Well, until I got rid of it, OSX of evil memory used to greet every new CD
by asking me if I wanted to format it. So I let it do a few, to have
handy, like formatted floppies. And now they're all coasters, afaict :
linux doesn't even recognize that there's anything in the drive when I put
one in and try to mount it.

--
Beartooth Neo-Redneck, Linux Evangelist
FC 1&3, YDL 4; Pine 4.63, Pan 0.14.2; Privoxy 3.0.3;