OT - Care to share your opinion?

Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. joseph_sacco at comcast.net
Thu May 5 07:09:17 MDT 2005

OK... Here is one more stick for the fire...

One of my favorite toys is an old Nubus PPC-6100/60AV with a NewerTech
240/160 MHz PDS G3 card, an 18GB SCSI drive,  and a womping 264MB of
RAM. This box runs YDL-3.0.1, albeit slowly:

        % cat /proc/cpuinfo
        processor       : 0
        cpu             : 740/750
        revision        : 2.2 (pvr 0008 0202)
        bogomips        : 478.41                     <=============
        machine         : PowerMac,NuBus
        motherboard     : PDM MacRISC
        detected as     : 0 (<NULL>)
        pmac flags      : 00000000
        memory          : 264MB
        pmac-generation : NuBus

I use it as a fax server, manager node in a MySQL NDB cluster,
BK-CVS-SVN server, and whatever else I need when speed doesn't matter.

-Joseph

--
joseph_sacco [at] comcast [dot] net