NFS Oops in 2.6.8

peter.g.harper at magnox.co.uk peter.g.harper at magnox.co.uk
Mon May 16 08:05:52 MDT 2005

Hi,

I have installed 4.0 onto dual G5 Xserves and these are connected to a RAID
box
using the Fusion Fibre Channel Cards. All seemed to be going well until I
discovered
that there were real problems using these machines as NFS servers.

After some investigation it seems that there was an Oops in file.c for nfs
which causes
the server to stop after certain file operations. A one line patch was
given for file.c but
the code given doesn't match the source supplied with 4.0, which claims to
be 2.6.8.

I then tried to use 2.6.10 as these kernels are now available, and that
does indeed solve
the nfs problem, but unfortunately the Xserve now doesn't seem to be able
to use the Fusion
Card any more and just hangs when I try to reboot with a kernel in which
the fusion device
is enabled.

Does anyone know how to get 2.6.10 to use the Fusion Cards?

Does anyone know which release of source is actually used for 4.0?

Peter Harper

The information contained in this email may be commercially sensitive and/or legally privileged. It is intended solely for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If you are not a named recipient, you are on notice of its status. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system. You must not disclose it to any other person, copy or distribute it or use it for any purpose.