NFS Oops in 2.6.8

Joseph E. Sacco, Ph.D. joseph_sacco at comcast.net
Mon May 16 08:49:01 MDT 2005

Peter:

You will need to rebuild the 2.6.10 kernel.

To see why:

* Goto the source directory,

	/usr/src/linux-2.6.10-1.ydl.1

* run:

	make menuconfig

* Navigate to Device Drivers -> FUSION MPT device support

You will find that the device driver was not included in the
configuration.

-Joseph

On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 15:05 +0100, peter.g.harper at magnox.co.uk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed 4.0 onto dual G5 Xserves and these are connected to a RAID
> box
> using the Fusion Fibre Channel Cards. All seemed to be going well until I
> discovered
> that there were real problems using these machines as NFS servers.
>
> After some investigation it seems that there was an Oops in file.c for nfs
> which causes
> the server to stop after certain file operations. A one line patch was
> given for file.c but
> the code given doesn't match the source supplied with 4.0, which claims to
> be 2.6.8.
>
> I then tried to use 2.6.10 as these kernels are now available, and that
> does indeed solve
> the nfs problem, but unfortunately the Xserve now doesn't seem to be able
> to use the Fusion
> Card any more and just hangs when I try to reboot with a kernel in which
> the fusion device
> is enabled.
>
> Does anyone know how to get 2.6.10 to use the Fusion Cards?
>
> Does anyone know which release of source is actually used for 4.0?
>
> Peter Harper
>

> The information contained in this email may be commercially sensitive and/or legally privileged. It is intended solely for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If you are not a named recipient, you are on notice of its status. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system. You must not disclose it to any other person, copy or distribute it or use it for any purpose.

joseph_sacco [at] comcast [dot] net