Postfix with mysql support in yellowdog 4.0

C.J. Harris cjharrisr66t at yahoo.com
Wed May 18 14:47:01 MDT 2005

Hello, All I'm new to yellow dog, And my company needs
a isp class mail server, so I installed yellow dog 4.0
on one of our Apple G5 64bit servers. The problem is
that I need to host virtual email accounts preferably
using postfix, courier-imap/pop, and mysql to store
the information so it can easily be changed. But the
problems I seems like the postfix rpm does not have
the mysql support built into it. So I'm stuck. I can
compile postfix from the source but in order to
compile in the mysql support it needs the location of
mysql headers and  the mysql client library, but since
mysql on yellowdog 4.0 is only available from the rpms
i don't think it has the needed header files and
libraries. Is there a postfix rpm some where that i
can use that has mysql support?  Does any one have any
suggestions?

Thank Seejay