4.01 on Beige G3

Murias linux at dragonsblood.net
Thu May 19 15:04:10 MDT 2005

Hello,

I am currently running a Beige G3 tower with YDL 3.x on it.  The
machine is in serious need of an upgrade of YDL, and am in a place
where I can wipe the drive and place a fresh and clean install onto it.

I have been trying to do a search on the various groups to see if the
4.01 install disks support the Beige.  I have only really been able
to get that there was something missing from the kernel in the 4.0
release.  Does this also hold true for the 4.01?

I have found that yum is functional on my machine... If necessary I
can also do the upgrade that way.  I have already changed my yum conf
file as prescribed by another post in the newbie list.

What suggestions does anyone have to upgrade this machine.

I have also read about ubuntu, but would rather stay with YDL.

TIA for any and all input.

Peace
Murias