Install of YDL 4.0.1 on Brand New dual 2.7Ghz G5 Fails with Kernel Panic I2C Bus

Shay, Daniel dshay at ball.com
Mon May 23 13:42:19 MDT 2005

We just received a brand new G5 and the YDL installer fails to start.

I have tried using the three available options for installation on the
G5 and each time the installer freezes.

When attempting the safe install I was able to see a kernel panic.

Media Checks out ok as far as the MD5SUM:

e00f42560c330807c772e8b97f196ef8
yellowdog-4.0.1-orion-20050208-install1.iso

Panic Detail(No Screenshot or exact detail available):

i2c /dev entries driver

Oops: kernel access of bad area, sig:11 [#1]

POWERMAC

Call Trace

create_iface

.of_device_probe