Fwd: (Incident Review ID: 403998) GETJAVA: comment: JRE for YellowDog Linux community

Geert Janssens geert.janssens3 at pandora.be
Tue May 24 09:07:15 MDT 2005

On Tuesday 24 May 2005 16:30, Hex Star wrote:
> recieved this message today finally from Sun Microsystems and thought
> you guys might find it interesting

Dear Mr Hex Star,

Have you verified the solution proposed by Sun ?

I haven't, but on the website they refer to, I only find a binary tar or rpm
package that can be installed on Intel or Amd equiped PC's. I doubt it very
much that this can be installed let alone be run on YDL PPC.

I don't think the good folks at Sun tried very hard to figure out what
Yellowdog Linux was all about, especially that is runs on PPC only.

Maybe, you could explicitly mention that to them in a reply to your incident.

Then I'd like to see Sun's reaction. Chances are it will be total silence...

Cheers,

Geert